With the growing demand in the IT industry, it can be difficult to choose one suitable and useful programming language for individuals. Here are the 10 best programming languages for 2022. As we near the end of 2021, we have analyzed and understood which programming languages will be in demand next year. This list will help you plan your career in 2022
10. C#: C# is an object-oriented and easy-to-learn programming language. It is the second-best choice after C++ as it supports a large number of libraries for fast and feature-rich functionalities. And now it is also being used for developing windows and even VR games. The companies using C# as their programming language are Microsoft, Amazon, CIS, among many others.
9. GO: Go was developed by Google in 2007 for APIs and web applications. Recently, Go has become one of the fastest-growing programming languages due to its simplicity. Go, commonly known as Golang, was created to meet the needs of programmers working on large projects. Its simple, modern structure and familiar syntax have made it popular with many large IT companies. The companies using Go as their programming language are Google, Uber, Twitch, Dropbox, among many others.
8. C++: C++ is one of the most efficient and flexible programming languages. Although it is a relatively old language compared to the other languages on this list, it has maintained its popularity due to its high performance and reliability. C++ was created to support object-oriented programming and has a wealth of libraries. C++ is used in the technology industry for a variety of purposes, such as desktop applications, web, and mobile solutions, game development, and even embedded systems. The companies using C++ as their programming language are Adobe, Microsoft, Google, among many others.
6. Swift: Swift is a general-purpose open-source programing language developed by Apple. It is heavily influenced by Python and therefore it is fast and very easy to learn. Swift is majorly used for the development of Native iOS and Mac OS applications. Apple encourages the use of swift for the whole development process and so more than half of the entire applications in the App Store are built using the Swift programing language. The companies using Swift as their programming language are Apple, Slack, 9GAG, among many others.
5. JAVA: Java was created by James Arthur Gosling in the year 1991. It is the most demanding programming language evident by its worldwide usage. Java is known for providing the most number of jobs in the IT industry. Java has a large application base in the industry with applications ranging from Scientific Applications, financial and banking services, to web and mobile development and desktop application development. The companies using JAVA as their programming language are IBM, HCL, Infosys, among many others.
4. R: R was conceived by Ross Ihaka and Robert Gentleman in 1992. R is a comprehensive and statistical programming language and it encourages developers to implement new ideas. R works best on Linux, GNU, and Microsoft windows. The application of R is in the field of data science, statistical computing, and machine learning. Although R is difficult to learn, it is considered as the future programming language. The companies using R as their programming language are Capgemini, Cognizant, Accenture, among many others.
3. Kotlin: Kotlin is a general-purpose programming language originally developed by Jetbrains. It is interoperable with JAVA and also supports functional programming languages. Kotlin is used extensively for Android development, Web development, Desktop Application development, and Server-Side development. Kotlin was built to be better than JAVA and people who use this language believe it. Most of Google’s applications are based on Kotlin. The companies using Kotlin as their programming language are Coursera, Pinterest, Postmates, among many others.
2. PHP: PHP programming language was initially created for the purpose of maintaining a personal website, but since then it has taken over 24% of websites globally. PHP language is generally used to create static and dynamic websites and some popular web frameworks like Laravel are built upon PHP. PHP introduces dynamic changes to a website and makes web applications more interactive. The companies using PHP as their programming language are Facebook, Yahoo, Mailchimp, among many others.
1. Python: Python is the fastest growing and one of the most popular programming languages with reliable and well-built frameworks. It is open-source and easy to learn. Python is used in many areas in the industry. Django framework which is based on python is popularly used in web development. Furthermore, Python has become the preferred programming language for Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. A few of the big companies that use python for development are Instagram, Spotify, Amazon, and Facebook.
There you go, those are the top 10 programming languages in 2022. Do you agree with our top 10 list? Is there any other programming language that is worth learning in 2022? Let us know in the comments.